December 11, 2021
Contestants: The contest is open to all, including amateur and professional bakers (maximum 40 entrants).
- The entrance fee for contestants is $25 for one cookie type. Each baker may enter only one cookie. Registration must be completed online by December 3, 2021. (Contestants do not need to purchase an event ticket.)
- Contestants must bake and bring a minimum of four dozen of one type of cookie: one dozen for display and judging, one dozen for the chance auction, and at least two dozen for tasting by event attendees. (These can be cut into smaller pieces for sampling.)
- Samples will be set out by bakers in small paper muffin cups to reduce handling. Any leftover cookies can be donated to a local charity.
- Contestants may bring their own table cover and decorations for their six-foot table.
- Contestants must arrive by 12:30 p.m. to set up their cookie display and samples. They must remain at the event through clean-up at 3:30 p.m.
- Contestants may provide their recipe for a recipe booklet that event attendees can purchase, to be mailed or e-mailed after the event.
All Health Department rules pertaining to food handling must be followed:
- A mask covering mouth and nose is to be worn while handling cookies.
- Appropriate food handling gloves must be worn while handling cookies.
Tasters: Tasters pay an admission fee of $10. Accompanying children aged 12 or younger pay $5 (maximum 150 tasters).
- Early ticket purchase is available online.
- Tickets will be sold at the door if space is available.
- All tasters will have the opportunity to sample all cookies, while supplies last.
- Each taster will be given a “people’s choice” feedback form where they can select their choices for best cookie taste, best cookie name, and best cookie presentation.
Judges: Five judges invited by the Warrington Lions Club will taste each type of cookie and provide their own notes with respect to cookie taste, cookie name, and cookie presentation. After sampling all cookies, judges will consolidate their notes, review “people’s choice” feedback, confer with each other, and select first, second, and third-place winners in each of the three categories. Judges’ decisions are final and cannot be contested.
Prizes: Ribbons will be provided to first place, second place, and third-place finishers in each of three categories: best tasting cookie; best cookie name; and best cookie presentation.