1. The Warrington Lions Duck Derby (“Derby”) is a rubber duck race; it is sponsored by and all net proceeds benefit Warrington Lions Club (“Sponsor”), PO Box 265, Warrington, PA, 18976. Sponsor is a registered 501(c)(4) organization.
2. The Derby is open to persons age 18 and over, unless noted otherwise. Employees of Sponsor are not eligible to win. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are binding and final on matters relating to this sweepstakes. All federal, state and local laws apply. Void where prohibited. Raffle purchases are not tax deductible.
3. To enter, eligible entrants must purchase a raffle chance (“adopt a duck”) at $5 each or 5 ducks for $20 online (at www.warringtonlions.org) at Warrington Day on 9/25/21 (rain date 9/26/21) or via mail, by form available from Sponsor or through promotional partners. Online entries must be received by September 18, 2021. Adoptions may be suspended at any time by Sponsor. Completed form and payment may be mailed to, Warrington Lions Club (“Sponsor”), PO Box 265, Warrington, PA, 18976. and must be received by September 18, 2021 to be considered eligible. Entries received after the deadline will be processed as a donation to Warrington Lions Club.
4. Odds of winning depend on total number of qualified entries. A minimum of 3,000 rubber ducks will be launched on the Little Neshaminy Creek at approximately 1 pm on Saturday, September 25, 2021, in Warrington, PA. Date and location are subject to change without notice. No attempt to free or interfere with any duck will be permitted, unless deemed necessary by Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to manually maneuver rubber ducks along the course and terminate the race and determine the winners by random selection. Only rubber ducks provided by Sponsor will be entered, and all ducks remain the property of Sponsor.
5. Prizes will be awarded, in order, to eligible entrants, as name appears on adoption form or online entry, whose entry number corresponds with number of the first ten (10) rubber ducks in order of finish.
6. Grand Prize: One number will be randomly selected by a third party prior to the race. The numbers will correspond with entry numbers printed on all racing ducks. If any of the first 10 race finishers duck’s number corresponds with the pre-selected number, that holder will win $10,000.00.
7. Grand Prize winner is responsible for all taxes (federal, state, local) and fees (including title, license, insurance and vehicle documentary fees) prior to delivery and for all costs associated with any other expenses related to the acceptance and use of the prize not specified herein. In addition, Grand Prize winner must supply taxpayer identification number (Social Security number) prior to receipt of the Grand Prize. Sponsor must receive tax installment prior to delivery of Grand Prize and winner will be issued IRS forms for value of prize. Acceptance of prize offered constitutes permission to use winner’s name and/or likeness for advertising purposes without further compensation necessary, unless prohibited by applicable law.
8. First Prize: $300.00
9 Second Prize: $200.00
10. Third Prize: $175.00
11. Fourth Prize: $150.00
12. Fifth Prize: $125.00
13. Sixth Prize: $100.00
14. Seventh Prize: $75.00
15. Eighth Prize: $50.00
16. Ninth Prize: $25.00
17. Tenth Prize: $25.00
18. Winner need not be present to win. Winners will be notified by telephone, email or U.S. mail at the phone, email or address indicated on entry form or provided online. Winners will be announced on the Warrington Lions website www.warringtonlions.org as soon as all the winners have been verified. In the case of insufficient contact information and/or if Sponsor is unable to contact winner and if winner does not contact Sponsor to claim prize within 15 days (October 10, 2021) of race date, or if winner is deemed ineligible to win, Sponsor may select alternate winner through random drawing of entries.
19. If a grand prize is won, Winners will be notified by telephone, email or U.S. mail at the phone, email or address indicated on entry form or provided online. Winners will be announced on the Warrington Lions website www.warringtonlions.org as soon as all the winners have been verified. In the case of insufficient contact information and/or if Sponsor is unable to contact winner and if winner does not contact Sponsor to claim prize within 30 days (October 25, 2021) of race date, or if winner is deemed ineligible to win, The Warrington Lions Club will retain the winnings.
20. By entering, winners consent to use of name, address and likeness for advertising, promotion and publicity purposes without additional compensation.
21. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel the Derby or change any element thereof, with or without notice, at any time, for any reason. Should the Derby be cancelled at any time for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right to select winners in a random drawing from among entries received.
22. Entrants agree to be bound by these Rules and all decisions of Sponsor are final and binding. Each entrant agrees to release, indemnify and hold harmless, their respective parents, subsidiaries and affiliates and each of their respective officers, directors, employees,
representatives and agents from and against any liability, action, loss, damage or claim arising in any way from participation in or administration of this Raffle or with respect to the awarding, receipt, possession, use and/or misuse of any prize.
23. Except as specified below, all logos are registered trademarks of Sponsor and use is prohibited without Sponsor’s express written consent.